1. Fresh off her huge victory at UFC Fight Night 105, Randa Markos returns to Sherdog for her second LIVE Q&A, FRIDAY at 3:00 PM EST. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime and Manga v38 | Page 4

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by JBSchroeds, Jan 25, 2017.

1. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

heavyarms21
    I

I kinda like the idea of bringing down a powerful Yonkou by completely outsmarting her. Random thoughts lokking back on when the series resumed after the the 2 year time skip , the Straw Hats have been a thorn in the side of the Yonkou, Fishman Island events affected Big Mom, then Punk Hazard and Dressrossa directly affected Kaido while events there meant that Black Beard was on a collision for the Revolutionary Army, One Piece sets up some massive storylines.

2. brownfeet Red Belt

brownfeet
    started watching some anime about a road bike team, yowamushi pedal is what it's called. only 5 episodes out, I'm on episode 3 right now. Been on some weird sports anime kick for the last couple months.

loyalyolayal and Spawned_Fighter like this.
  3. Schoolboy Q Black Belt

Schoolboy Q
    Just started Diamond is Unbreakable, so far it's pretty badass like Stardust Crusaders.

4. GSP4tw Brown Belt

GSP4tw
    True, but they have those fancy bullets to deal with them.
    It would be neat, but that isn't really the Strawhat way. What I would like to happen is the Strawhats leave and head for Wano, but Big Mom follows and we get a massive, world-changing, war between Strawhats/Kaido/Big Mom. Unlikely as it may be that arc would be hype as ****.

heavyarms21 likes this.
  5. Ikuza Blue Belt

Ikuza
    That's the 2nd series. Watch the original "season" first before continuing. You don't want to miss out.

6. AgentSmecker Brown Belt

AgentSmecker
    Just a speck of sand in an endless desert of agony
    Other than DBZ the only other anime I had watched and enjoyed in the past was Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop. Bebop in particular really blew me away and I guess it gave me extremely high expectations of what to expect from the medium. Sadly the few other series I attempted to watch just didn't do it for me. I had a go at Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist, a couple others I can't remember now and most recently Attack On Titan but none of them inspired me enough to keep watching.

Lately however I'd felt like giving it another go and so last week after perusing a few series I watched the original series of Hellsing over the course of a few days and I liked it a lot. I'm now a few episodes into Hellsing Ultimate and loving it.

Got a few more in mind for when I'm done with Hellsing, most notably Vampire D Bloodlust movie, Death Note (I liked the movies very much), Parasyte, Claymore and for some reason though it doesn't seem to be very well received I fancy Berzerk too. I'll probably revisit Full Metal Alchemist and Attack On Titan again too and see if I'm feeling them more this time around.

7. JBSchroeds The Lizard Knight

JBSchroeds
    Holy crap, new All Rounder Meguru chapters!

loyalyolayal likes this.
  8. Takun Normal :)

Takun
    http://mangastream.com/r/jagaaaaaan/01/4018/1

everyone read that (only one chapter) and tell me what you think.

I don't read it but was All Rounder on a long hiatus or something? was it translations not coming out or author taking a break?

9. loyalyolayal Silver Belt

loyalyolayal
    Yowamushi is teh shit. Me & my kids would sing the "hime" song. I binged sports animes lately. From what I've seen, I'd put Ippo as the goat, Slamdunk & Haikyu tied at 2 & yowamushi pedal at 3. You could also check out rugby anime All Out!!.

10. brownfeet Red Belt

brownfeet
    yeah, need to catch up on the newest season of ippo but have seen the first series a couple of times now. also watching all out, great show so far.

loyalyolayal likes this.
  11. loyalyolayal Silver Belt

loyalyolayal
    I only watched All Out because Haikyuu is still on hiatus. Definitely check that one out. Nostalgia is the only thing that makes me love Ippo. Haikyuu might end up as the goat and I don't even like nor understand volleyball before I started watching it. Made me skip NBA games to watch local college volleyball tourneys. Life changing. LOL!

brownfeet likes this.
  12. brownfeet Red Belt

brownfeet
    oh yeah, i watched that show as well. waiting on the new episodes of that, i think i binged all the episodes in about a week and some change. i like watching the sports anime because it kind of teaches you the sport as well, sure they're over the top but still.

loyalyolayal likes this.
  13. JBSchroeds The Lizard Knight

JBSchroeds
    The series has actually been completed in japan, the scanlations were just very slow and it was almost a full year between chapter releases.

14. Organic Damage καλλίστῃ

Organic Damage
    If you liked Cowboy Bebop did you watch Outlaw Star (a little older) or Samurai Champloo? Those are both kind of spiritually related.

AgentSmecker likes this.
  15. AgentSmecker Brown Belt

AgentSmecker
    Just a speck of sand in an endless desert of agony
    Thanks man. Haven't seen either of those. Will need to look into them.

16. zieg Berserk

zieg
    Samurai Champloo is legit. Soundtrack is composed mainly by Nujabes(RIP).

17. doomrider7 The Immortal

doomrider7
    Stupid ****ing settings weren't set to watch this thread hence my lack of posts. Favorite arcs are tough for me to list since I liked a great deal and it tends to shift a lot based on my mood. I do rank Ennies Lobby and Water 7 the highest along with Thriller Bark, Impel Down, Marineford, Arlong Park, and Alabasta in any particular order with Sabaody Archipelago just below them just based on the awesome exposition and fights we got from there. Skypeia would be the highest mid tier arc for me with Jaya following and all the others listed below it, not because they weren't awesome, but I liked these more. The newer arcs l haven't minded that much actually and quite liked them. Not close to the above listed, but I liked them with Punk Hazard being at top followed by Dressrossa and FI. The problem with FI to me was always the amounts of flashbacks on a weekly which made it slog too much. On the full volume it's much more bearable and I quite liked them. I split both pre-timskip and post-timeskip as separate categories with pre-timeskip being overall better not do to sheer amount, but just overall quality.

Also, new chapter is out and for the question about Steampunk anime, Kino's Journey, FMA: Brotherhood, Last Exile, Princess and the Pilot, Alison and Lilia, Gargantia on the Verdous Planet are what comes to mind.

zieg likes this.
  18. doomrider7 The Immortal

doomrider7
    Oh my bad. Princess and the Pilot still fits and I've heard it's good. Do you want anime or manga and movie or long form series?

Edit: Any chance I can get to pimp out Tokyo Godfather's I'll take. It's not romance, but it's really heartwarming. I'll post some good romance manga when I've compiled them.

Edit 2: Love is Hard for Otaku, Oh My Sweet Alien, Kekkonshite mo Koishiteru, Love Complex, My Love Story, Love so Life, Mademoiselle Butterfly. I'll compile more later.

From what I've gathered, Fave Master was no different. MC at one point later in the series One-Shots a villain who was built up as the supreme king of demons...Just because apparently.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  19. doomrider7 The Immortal

doomrider7
    Give Big O a shot and I second Outlaw Star which I actually kind of enjoyed more which sounds blasphemous, but hey different tastes man. Cowboy Bebop has a more noir jazzy feel while Outlaw Star has a more Rock n Roll feel which is shown by their different choices in music style.

Edit: One Piece is out and I don't know how to feel about to be honest. Sanji's definitely gotten a raw deal in being portrayed post-timeskip though that can't be denied.

20. Kframe Green Belt

Kframe
    Thanks! Not really into manga, but anime and movies work for me. What is Long Form Series? You mentioned "Love is Hard for Otaku, Oh My Sweet Alien, Kekkonshite mo Koishiteru, Love Complex, My Love Story, Love so Life, Mademoiselle Butterfly". Are those Anime or manga? I will look then up. Thanks for the recommendation.