Anime and Manga v38 | Page 5

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by JBSchroeds, Jan 25, 2017.

1. doomrider7 YROO XRKSVI! GIRZMTOV!

doomrider7
    They're all manga with Love Complex and My Love Story having anime adaptions and Love is Hard for Otaku could well be getting one soon. By long form series I mean if you specifically want movies or chaptered series. As an aside, the three I just mentioned have all won awards and/or recommendations of excellence.

Edit: More to add, Teasing Master Takagi, Ojojojo, I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying, Miss Komori Can't Decline, Kaguya Wants to be Confessed, Tomo-chan is a Girl, The Ancient Magus' Bride, Ran and the Ashen World, Red-Haired Snow White. Again, all are manga and some either have anime adaptions out now or pending soon(I still recommend reading both).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Kframe likes this.
  2. Kframe Brown Belt

Kframe
    Thanks! I have never actually read a manga. I heard that you have to read them in a special way, is that true? I just want to pick it up and read normal.

3. doomrider7 YROO XRKSVI! GIRZMTOV!

doomrider7
    Not really. You basically read them in reverse. Instead of Left to Right it's Right to Left that's it. It's different, but nothing that you don't get used to VERY quickly.

4. loyalyolayal Gold Belt

loyalyolayal
    re: Zero.

Holy shit!!!

Can't wait for season 2.

Currently watching Ao no Exorcist, since I saw a season 2 thumbnail of it so I thought I might as well check it out. Not disappointed.

milliniar likes this.
  5. zieg Big O, It's Showtime!

zieg
    It seems the concensus is that water 7 and Ennies lobby are fan favorites in One Piece. I would have put Arlong Park higher but the East Blue setting mellows it out.

If I had to rank the villians it would be like this(my preference):

HM: Gekko Moriah, Caeser Clown, Don Krieg, Kuro, Buggy

No ranking: Fodder Jones.

8 Kizaru: Had a strong introduction and curb stomped the majority of the " worst generation". Has a funny attitude but can wipe you out at the speed of light.
    7. Arlong: One of the first antagonists that actually gave Luffy a bit of trouble. His treatment of Nami and racism against humans was strongly felt. Terrorized Cocoyashi Village with an iron fist.
    6.Eneru: Major god complex and vain. Had Luffy not been a rubberman, then the Strawhat's journey would have ended on Skypeia.
    5. Doffy: Complete psychopath. Selfish and destructive. Cruel and willing to destroy his whole country just to get what he wants.
    4. Rob Lucci: Pushed Luffy to his limits and overall cool demeanor. Has a brutal past and superhuman abilities. Had Luffy not gave everything he had, Lucci would have slaughtered his whole crew.
    3 Crocodile: Put a whole country in turmoil and almost succeeded. Owned Luffy not just once but twice. Luck was on Luffy's side.
    2. Akainu: The big bad magma man. Actually broke Luffy's spirit. Took down Aokji. Absolute justice!
    1.Buggy, er, I mean Blackbeard: Caused a shitstorm and is just straight scum. Caused a major character to die and has great power and ambitions. Oda did a great job of making the audience root against Blackbeard.

Ahhhh yesss.

Big O, It's Show Time!

loyalyolayal likes this.
  6. JBSchroeds The Lizard Knight

JBSchroeds
    Oh man, Rave Master. What a let down. I managed to muddle through the whole thing and it was a mess. Which sucks because it had a few spots where it shined. About, oh, two thirds through it built up to a reveal that was just so well done emotionally. It tied together a bunch of different character and plot threads into a really impactful reveal.

It then dragged ass for another ~100 chapters and rushed through the ending in like ~10. And those chapters and that ending sucked so bad I cannot remember any details about them.

7. doomrider7 YROO XRKSVI! GIRZMTOV!

doomrider7
    Can't comment on your list since it's basically the same as mine though Crocodile is still my favorite villain of all time followed by Rob Lucci.

This could be the most film-noir as fuck piece of music in all of anime.

8. lordsai Purple Belt

lordsai
    The breaks one piece takes when it starts to get interesting is really annoying.

heavyarms21 and loyalyolayal like this.
  9. zieg Big O, It's Showtime!

zieg
    Big O's BGM is one of the goat in anime. Top 5 for sure.

At least they are short. My hopes for new Hunter X Hunter chapters and Berserk chapters are all but gone. I predict Togashi will not finish the series and Berserk will be finished 10 years from now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    loyalyolayal likes this.
  10. lordsai Purple Belt

lordsai
    I agree was really happy that hunter x hunter manga came back them boom no more updates

11. phunky Standing above all others

phunky
    Just got to Fishman Island arc

God damn, marineford arc...i am sure someone put onions nearby while i was watching it

12. zieg Big O, It's Showtime!

zieg
    And the chapters we got were some of the best Togashi has put out in quite some time. Hisoka vs Chrollo was one of the best fights in the series.

13. doomrider7 YROO XRKSVI! GIRZMTOV!

doomrider7
    Anime or manga? If anime...DAYUM that's some serious marathoning power even skipping filler.

14. phunky Standing above all others

phunky
    Anime, i skipped some episodes yeah

I've been marathoning it last 2 months, every day

15. doomrider7 YROO XRKSVI! GIRZMTOV!

doomrider7
    Reminds me of when Is tarted the series. Except I didn't have the good common sense to skip the filler since I didn't know about them. As others have stated, FI has been the weakest link so far. It flows better when you marathon it in the manga, but I'm not really sure of the flow in the anime since I kind of stopped after a while due to the sheer amount of stuff.

16. mr.bigglesworth Red Belt

mr.bigglesworth
    One Piece is straight garbage. Literally for 5 year olds

All that really matters is whether The Seven Deadly Sins season 2 is going to be the OVA or a legit season

17. zieg Big O, It's Showtime!

zieg
    Gtfo
    [​IMG]

Estimated manga sales

One Piece: About 406 million
    The Seven Deadly Sins: Around 20 million.

phunky likes this.
  18. mr.bigglesworth Red Belt

mr.bigglesworth
    Twilight and The Walking Dead sell incredibly well too and they're both trash.

19. zieg Big O, It's Showtime!

zieg
    Comparing One Piece to Twilight or the walking dead. I'm at a loss.

20. CubicleGangster Extendos Belt

CubicleGangster

Agreed. That fight was insane. The new arc was set up so well and then BOOM hiatus x hiatus hits again.