Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets | Page 16

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Ashton, Nov 18, 2016.

1. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    during the stream before the patch was released they seemed to know it was fucked and they didn't seem to care.

2. GSP4tw Brown Belt

GSP4tw
    I played four or five games of Clash tonight and only got killed by a sidearm a couple times. I was surprised.

3. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    I did the weekly patrol bounty and died a few times and don't understand why or how it happened it's really fucking awesome how they make this patch to improve pvp and fuck up pve.

4. Crimson Fury Elijah Modnar

Crimson Fury
    Guy on our team goes 1-18 with a green bar connection then goes to the other team, starts lagging and goes 20-3. Lol, lagging piece of shit.

Gregolian, tru3f4n and usmctanker242 like this.
  5. GSP4tw Brown Belt

GSP4tw
    So after more time playing it's pretty much going how I figured it would in regards to being unable to consistently shut down roaming supers. In 6's it's whatever but in Elimination a roaming super is more or less a guaranteed round win.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  6. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    Again, I don't have a problem with a super beating gunplay (outside of team fire). I think the shotguns stopping supers constantly and consistently was pretty silly. Again, I've expressed my hatred and utter contempt for shotguns in this game. The good thing here is that supers go both ways, so yeah it sucks when you get smoked by a roaming super, but when you pop yours you should dominate. What good is a StormTrance when you have to get within shotgun range to kill someone and all it takes is a single shotgun to kill you?

I'm not a great PvP player though and I haven't turned on Destiny in about a month. Just can't bring myself to jump back into the connection issues and irritation this games brings.

7. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    the stormcaller didn't need to be in shotgun range with their super to kill you.

8. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    On the maps in Destiny there's corners everywhere, so to get kills you generally had to be within shotgun range (even the edge of their max range) to really get a kill. Just my experience with StormTrance... more often then not I would get a kill or two and then get shotgunned. Granted, I'm not the best PvP player in the game.

I also just don't understand the concept that people seem to have that they should easily be able to shut down a super. The super should be an "Ace in the Hole" and should require another super or team fire to shut it down. I just don't agree that it should be easy to shut down a super with singular gunfire. One of the most frustrating things in this game is to run into a group of guys as a Striker Titan and get into your "Fist of Havoc" animation, only to be pulled out of it by a shotgun... even when wearing Eternal Warrior and still having Unstoppable checked in your perk-set for max armor... just 100% pure bullshit.

9. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    you must really really suck or panic and pop your super when you're almost already dead storm trance should get you 2 to 3 easily or more if ppl group up around the heavy. I hate this super and shadowshot I've been killed while in the hammer of sol with the event horizon and other snipers of that group with shadowshot you don't take dmg during the animation which is fucking stupid. I have no ideal how much times I've been killed while doing the fist of havok or nova bomb or even getting sniped while doind the ward of dawn. But no some guy can jump up and not have shit happen for one or three shots.

10. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    Yep... PvP is not my game. I got better after I played quite a bit more last year. Striker Titan is really my main, but I do love the Warlock. Stormtrance just never worked well for me, usually got 1-3 kills and then got shotgunned immediately. Shotguns were just too prevalent for them to be OHK weapons in most situations, especially in regards to shutting down supers. And yeah, getting killed in the middle of Fist of Havoc is pure bullshit... if you're rocking Unstoppable that should be a guaranteed slam.

11. GSP4tw Brown Belt

GSP4tw
    We're not going to agree on the shotgun thing, we both know that already, but do you think it's 'fair', maybe balanced is a better choice, that a team can run a Stormcaller that has Electrostatic Mind, I think that's the perk that allows their super to charge faster with the team nearby, and camp in a corner and not play the game and just charge super and once they have super use Skorri's to give the other teammates their super? If all three are running roaming supers that's pretty much three guaranteed round wins in this current meta. Things like that are why I like having counters to the roaming supers.

Of course you can push the team that's camping but if their hardscoping lanes or doors that's asking to get picked.

Also why the fuck did they make the radar disappear if you use Blink? Jesus. They've nerfed Blink 8 times now. It's already a shell of what it once was, just leave it be.

12. MASShole Get it?

MASShole
    The latest update regarding Skorri's next month is that you have to get a kill every 60 seconds for it to continue. At least that's what it will be in PvE, but I'm not sure about PvP yet.

13. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    I've already admitted that I'm pretty bad in PvP, so in my experience I have never seen a team camp in the manner that you're speaking... at least not since before the sniper nerf a few patches ago. I think it's definitely a shitty, cheap tactic, but not cheaper than having a OHK weapon all the time. haha Yeah, we won't agree on shotguns and that's cool.

Skorri is going to get hit with some kind of nerf simply because it can be a pain in PvP. Yet again, PvE is going to lose functionality to cater to the PvP crowd. I get it though, PvE in this game is basically dead so why not cater to who is actually playing the game.

I don't know why I really care though as I have pretty much completely checked out until either the April update (if there is anything fun and new), or Destiny 2 gets closer. I didn't play for a month, then played a few games with some clan mates, and it was a quick reminder of why I took a break. I might come back for the next IB though... maybe.

14. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    next IB is going to be supremacy with helm, boots, handcannon, and sniper rifle.

usmctanker242 likes this.
  15. GSP4tw Brown Belt

GSP4tw
    I just played a team in Trials that would just run past doors and throw stickies or wombos, and then if they missed they'd all run to a random corner of the map until they could do it again. Absolute garbage tier play.
    Lulz, Sidearm heaven right there.

usmctanker242 likes this.
  16. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    I'm about done running the Nightfalls tired of getting ghost and class items for rewards.

17. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    So looking at the Weekly Update it looks like Bungie is deadset on making primary weapons your actual primary weapon. Here is a list of changes they are looking at making :
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45688/7_This-Week-at-Bungie--02232017

Sidearms : In a not-entirely-shocking development, the Sidearm meta has grown strong. With its innate ability to not only keep ammo through death, but to also actually store it away, Scrooge McDuck style, it’s the ultimate gift for anyone who’s always running out. For now. We are currently working on a change that would allow Sidearms to continue to spawn with a small set amount of ammo post-death, but keep them from stacking anything extra. They’ll be handy if you run into resistance on your way to the ammo crate, but to keep your Sidearm usage high, you’ll still need to stock up often.

Skorri is getting nerfed as well :
    Memory of Skorri : This Artifact has led to some of the greatest dance parties I’ve ever attended in Destiny. That being said, aside from encouraging these sort of team building events, the artifact itself tends to inspire a more lackadaisical approach to gameplay. Instead of continuing to encourage you to hurry up and wait on a Super, we are looking at modifying Skorri to motivate some activity. The change currently in testing requires a kill to jumpstart Skorri’s unique ability for the next minute. Once it times out, you’ll need another kill to jumpstart it again. We believe you won't have any problems killing one enemy every 60 seconds for maximum uptime in PVE, but Trials may offer a greater challenge.

Other changes :
    -NLB is going to end up having flinch like any other weapon
    -Blink is getting un-nerfed, so less time of a HUD being removed and they are removing the recovery nerf added to Blink a while back
    -Truth is getting a magazine of 2, and they are maxing out its reload stat

These are changes they are looking at, but we'll see what happens.

18. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    I already scraped every truth I had still don't understand that nerf.

19. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    don't understand the nerf to the sunbreakers armour it feels like I'm playing with a hunter.

20. usmctanker242 Black Belt

usmctanker242
    When they hit the Sunbreaker not long after Taken King dropped it became pretty pathetic in PvP. The nerf to hammer tracking, cauterize, armor, and hammer explosion radius was absolutely brutal!