1. Fresh off her huge victory at UFC Fight Night 105, Randa Markos returns to Sherdog for her second LIVE Q&A, FRIDAY at 3:00 PM EST. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Did the historical Jesus really exist? | Page 9

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by nick jacoby, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Fedorgasm Black Belt

Fedorgasm
    Unfortunately you can find crowds of people today that go see faith healers and swear that they've seen diseases get healed before their eyes, the crippled get up and walk, and sometimes they even claim the dead came back to life.

This is why I never rely on eyewitness accounts. They're the most misleading evidence you can get.

2. Possum Jenkins Red Belt

Possum Jenkins
    Buddha, Socrates, and Jesus all have about a 50-50 chance of actually existing

3. prod2821 Gold Belt

prod2821
    Yeah, certainly wasn't a white hippy hipster looking Jesus, but yes

4. freaky Freakiest Poster Belt

freaky
    Yes, I think he existed but do not believe he was the son of God or whatever. Just like how people even NOWADAYS believe in pastors able to communicate with god or that the world is ending.

I think Jesus was just a hipster SJW who seek attention. His followers especially the ones who said he revived in 3 days were alternating facts aka fake news and people ate it up. It was a time of war and desperation and this young hippie dude had some cool ideas about love and stuff.

People are gullible especially back in ancient times. They will believe anything.
    I believe Buddha existed too. He was a sheltered prince. I can go as far as believing he fed himself to starving eagles cuz he felt bad for having such an awesome life while his citizens were starving. As for finding enlightenment and all that BS were made up after the fact by his admirers. By people who seek an answer as to why he did what he did. "Oh, he must've found enlightenment" "he's in a better place now" etc.

I can believe in just about any historical figure. But all the miracle stuff has to be made up to help them answer questions. Like why are there thunder? Cuz Zeus is mad or some BS.

5. Bob Gray Deadlights Belt

Bob Gray
    Well, not literally a free ticket. My point is that a few select people were able to bear witness to what would be arguably the most remarkable, as well as unbelievable, event in human existence. At the very least theyd be more likely to believe in his divinity and live their lives accordingly. Being born 2,000 years later doesn't afford such an opportunity which seems rather unjustified given the stakes.

6. Three Gun Fish Mariah Larry

Three Gun Fish
    Yes, critics are more divided when it comes to hysterical Jesus.

7. Smoking Indoors Brown Belt

Smoking Indoors
    Jesus didn't tap.