1. Fresh off her huge victory at UFC Fight Night 105, Randa Markos returns to Sherdog for her second LIVE Q&A, FRIDAY at 3:00 PM EST. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Henry Rollins have autism? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Agent Mulder's Hair, Feb 21, 2017.

1. ShoelessRye Silver Belt

ShoelessRye
    Bloody hell I identify with a lot of what he's saying. Especially the bit about seeing old friends and just being happy to see them at a distance but no desire to speak to them. Also the part about giving being easy but I hate getting. That has always been awkward for me - I HATE compliments, I hate asking people for anything, though I'll do anything for anybody sorta deal. I'm a huge fan of the Irish goodbye as well.

2. Agent Mulder's Hair Brown Belt

Agent Mulder's Hair
    Yeah I laughed at that part. :D I can also relate

3. Defeat Unknown Black Belt

Defeat Unknown
    Being weird, eccentric, thinking differently, or just being different is not ****ing autism. Everyone wants to label everyone and themselves autistic these days. What is with this obsession?

I listened to the full interview last weekend. Nothing he said or did or expressed was out of the ordinary. And I'm listening to your link right now and there's nothing going on. He talks fine.

When you put a microphone in front of someone for 4 hours, they're bound to say something unusual or questionable. Most of us don't talk for the length that Henry did in that interview. I think he contradicted himself at times, which is going to happen in such a long interview, but there's nothing out of the ordinary about him. He's intelligent, educated and fascinating to listen to.

Hoof Hearted likes this.
  4. UL BLESS

UL
  5. IIIIIIII Steel Belt

IIIIIIII
    i just think he's selfish. it sounds like he wants to get things out of people, but then isn't available to reciprocate. i honestly feel like i'm a bit like him, in the sense that i focus on the things i want to do, first and foremost. but when i want something from someone, i'd want them to take the time to give it to me. to sustain relationships, you have to take the time to be unselfish and not place yourself as the priority.

Defeat Unknown likes this.
  6. Hoof Hearted Purple Belt

Hoof Hearted
    The bit where he said he has to write down the name of the song and the album it's on every time he listens to a record at home sounds like he has OCD. I never got the impression he's in any way autistic though.Definitely an interesting character, reminded me in some ways of John Danaher when I was watching his interview on the JRE.

7. Thunderflash500 Red Belt

Thunderflash500
    People have personalities. It's ok to be different. It doesn't mean you're retarded to not be a normal person. Normal people are easily convinced to commit genocide. It's ok to not be in that group.