Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Obscure Terror, Nov 12, 2016.

1. JimRussel

JimRussel Purple Belt

Yeah, we've never seen USADA take down anyone high profile in other areas before.

I was worried they'd let high profile guys in a sport the majority of the population still doesn't care about slide due to corruption.

2. JimRussel

JimRussel Purple Belt

Cormier still wins tho

3. MilkManUK

MilkManUK Brown Belt

Is t_fields1992 any of you guys on here? Got an Instagram follow from him and he follows @belph and @Kiwi Tricker , but not sure if he is a 'dogger.

4. JimRussel

JimRussel Purple Belt

Dummie? Lol triggered.

That time when USADA caught Jones and he had to be pulled from the main event of UFC 200 2-3 days out from the event...? That was arguably worse than this one, since this fight actually went through and the UFC made all their money, unlike UFC 200. If there was ever a time to sweep something under the rug, it'd be a positive test of a main event athlete (and arguably the biggest talent the sport has ever seen), 2-3 days before your biggest show in history.

I'm not sure if you just don't follow MMA or other USADA tested sports that closely, or what.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  5. miaou

miaou barely keeping it together

I agree, that word was unnecessary (I actually logged back in to edit it but you had already replied). The point remains, however, that of course it doesn't mean testing is perfect.

That was what, a 1-year suspension? If this goes through, it's a 4-year offence. It practically takes JJ out of the game.

6. miaou

In other news, I'm in Turkey and Wikipedia is blocked. #democracy

LatFlare likes this.
  7. JimRussel

JimRussel Purple Belt

I believe it was only one year because the "tainted dick pill" excuse actually worked. They're trying the tainted supplement route this time.

He'll get punished more harshly this time, but I still think the UFC 200 fuck up was much worse.

8. MilkManUK

MilkManUK Brown Belt

Weekend plans pub? It's a bank holiday weekend here, so we get Monday off work aswell. I'm going to squat tomorrow, then we are attending some rich folks garden party, which has a hog roast, so I will be tucking into that. I'll catch a bit of sleep, then pick my cousin up and we're going to go to a friend's house for the Mayweather vs McGregor fight. Sunday I'll probably take the kids swimming, and then Monday will have my girlfriend's sister and her husband over for a BBQ.

9. NurseKnuckles

NurseKnuckles My Mom's stronger than you belt

Mow the lawn tonight when I get home from work.
    Hair cut tomorrow, general Saturday shit (kids, yard work, collecting wood)
    Find a place to watch the fights.
    Bonfire Sunday. Invited my co-worker, her husband and their kids

10. Aleks Sytsevich

Aleks Sytsevich Super Saiyan

I'm getting ready to go into work, got called in. Going to a friends to watch the the fight tonight.

11. belph

belph Pissing into the wind.

Honestly figured he just followed kiwi, scrolled his follows and saw my sexy ass in tights and just had to gimme a follow.

12. miaou

About the fight...
    Fixed or not?

13. JimRussel

JimRussel Purple Belt

What about it would have been fixed?

Floyd let Conor punch himself out and then beat him up. Conor had literally nothing to offer Floyd.

"Oh, but Conor landed more than these past Floyd opponents..." Yeah, because Floyd didn't walk Canelo or Pacman down. I don't think Floyd respected anything Conor brought him in the ring. He 100% had tougher sparring sessions in camp.

Also, about that whole "Conor's power" and "Floyd's brittle pillow hands" thing....

Kiwi Tricker likes this.
  14. JimRussel

JimRussel Purple Belt

I can't even begin to imagine what Conor vs Canelo or GGG would look like.

15. NurseKnuckles

Pretty much this.
    Everyone comparing Conor to the Paquiao statistics. Fucking LOLOLOL Mayweather sat in the pocket with Conor and kept coming forward. He knew Conor had 0 chance of hurting him. Mayweather would never have survived the pocket with Pac.

Give Conor a bigger guy and he gets destroyed within the first 3 rounds... It fucking angers me when people think they can compete with the best without somehow providing some sort of inkling of proficiency in the skillset required. I angers me further when people say shit like the quote in @JimRussel 's post.

16. Oblivian

Oblivian Aging

I never understood why so many people were hyped for the fight. Conor really didn't stand much of a chance at all. He had a puncher's chance in Rd 1 and Rd 2. People also thought the scorecards were a lot closer than they were. I notice that a lot with big underdogs. If they have any sort of success, people make a huge deal out of it rather than score it like any other fight.

NurseKnuckles likes this.
  17. NurseKnuckles

I agree.
    I think I get a little emotionally charged over the disregard for the abilities of the best, or even the professional for that matter. I would feel the same way if Mayweather thought he could bang in the octagon. He'd be just as out of his element as Conor was in the boxing ring.

It was laughable to even dream of a scenario where Conor beats Mayweather in a boxing match.

18. miaou

From where I'm standing, rounds 1-6 looked like a friendly light spar, not an actual fight. It seemed like Mayweather could basically take him out at will after the 2nd or 3rd round but he didn't for no apparent reason. When he decided to turn it up, almost everything landed.

That, plus the fact that Conor shut down very abruptly (I think it was midway in the 8th round), without having suffered any significant damage.

19. Oblivian

Oblivian Aging

Not to sound like a know it all douchebag, but I mentioned in this pub that McGregor was likely going to gas. A lot of people thought he wouldn't because people think MMA is so much more taxing. Boxing can be just as taxing, especially when your main chance is to get an early KO.

Mayweather isn't exactly a finisher. This is the first (T)KO that he's had since 2011. He's known for being very defensively sound and composed. He used the first couple rounds to get a feel for McGregor and let McGregor gas himself out. After that, he was able to just get in a groove and didn't really go for the kill until he knew McGregor had nothing to give back. Floyd isn't exactly someone who is going to jump on getting a KO if it puts himself in danger.

MilkManUK and NurseKnuckles like this.
  20. NurseKnuckles

The only part I feel could be fixed is the first few rounds where Mayweather clearly pulled back on opportunities to move to an offensive position. But then again he apparently went in with a clear game plan and he executed it. So hard to say. Imagine how hard it to go easy on your buddies in a sport they have little to no experience in.