1. Fresh off her huge victory at UFC Fight Night 105, Randa Markos returns to Sherdog for her second LIVE Q&A, FRIDAY at 3:00 PM EST. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Frank Mir: "Heavyweights are mentally weaker than other weight classes" | Page 6

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Rum, Feb 21, 2017.

1. in the liver Reebok Belt

in the liver

the combination of your post and your avatar is very amusing to me

2. Rum Champion of Champions

Rum
    I don't think you realize how serious this is madam.

3. Pooters Blue Belt

Pooters
    well when you fight in a division where one punch can end it all id say so

4. SuperiorHands Purple Belt

SuperiorHands
    Big guys don't have the same trials and tribulations coming up the ranks that small guys do. I walk at 220 and I promise when I was new to bjj and mma I had a lot better time in class than the guy that's new and 160. Those guys come up the ranks getting constantly crushed by bigger fighters while training. They have to get used to surviving.

5. skylolow Red Belt

skylolow
    I agree with Mir.

Reason why is guys that size most of there life they don't get pushed around. There almost always the biggest guy in the room that people don't mess with and everyone feeds into that. There confidence is off the chart but at the same time rarely ever tested in life.

Tugboat likes this.
  6. Tugboat Purple Belt

Tugboat
    In training size can mean less reliance on technique.

A heavyweight needs to find partners who challenge them both physically and with great technique. Not always easy to find.

Not unlike a lefty. He's often the lefty at the gym but doesn't get the advantage of working with the lefty.

I realize the pros work on this at the higher levels, but a lot of habits and fighting styles are determined during the lower levels of training.

7. FrankGarrett316 Purple Belt

FrankGarrett316
    You people are so illogical that it hurts my brain.

Using one off examples that are EXCEPTIONS TOTHE RULE to attempt to refute a general statement.

Also, your inabilities to see correlating variables...

For example, the people here who claim that cowards are in all sizes, has nothing to do with weight...... Here, let me educate you. As a base statement of fact, would you agree that being TIRED AS FUCK makes us ALL potentially exert less than 100%? Would you say that it's at least POSSIBLE?

Good. You're more likely to fatigue at higher weights, which means you're more likely to you're to be in a state of "cowardice," which we just agreed was possible, did we not. Which means, a summary statement could be made similar to what Mir said. You do realize he's not excluding himself right?

You guys need to learn the difference between exceptions to the rule, and generalizations.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  8. DaWrassler007 I like men, I'd like to be MAN-handled

DaWrassler007
    Like a fucking boss<mma4>

9. WinZip Silver Belt

WinZip
    I dunno about that. Getting into a cage with JDS, Stipe, Hunto, Overeem, etc takes a lot more mental fortitude than getting into a cage with Mighty Mouse. Plus a lot of the HWs are known for not tapping, even if they go out or have their arm broken. Other fighters do the same, but since HW is so shallow it seems like a lot more of them refuse to tap than, say, LWs or WWs.

Kind of an odd statement.