Game of Thrones S07E07 Discussion Thread: FinallyJumpedTheDragon (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Lethal, Aug 27, 2017.

1. TheWorm

TheWorm Black Belt

They really should have had him with them for the expedition north of the Wall in episode 6.

Ghost vs Wight Bear for the Cleganebowl undercard. Book it Dana!

2. ufcfan4

ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

I thought that scene with Red Priestess from Volantis last season was awesome. Varys jawjacking her re Stannis and then getting shook big time when she fired back with the comment about his past was great. Still, I'm quite surprised that that storyline didn't go anywhere. I know in hindsight it just seems to have been included to indicate that certain LOL followers were pushing Dany as the Chosen One, just as Mel had been championing Stannis.

Even still, kind of funny to me that Dany was welcoming to Melisandre with the comment that the Fire Priestesses helped to keep the peace in Essos (Tyrion and Varys recruited the High Priestess for that purpose). Meanwhile, the absolute shit hit the fan in spite of that woman's help as the Wise Masters and SOH besieged Mereen and peace was only achieved when Dany and the dragons wrecked house.

GrizzlyTitan and LuchaBear like this.
  3. ufcfan4

ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

He definitely should have gone with them, but I'm sort of glad he didn't because I bet they would have killed him off. Particularly, he wouldn't have boarded Drogon with Jon boy lagging behind providing cover for the good guys so he would have got murked worse than Summer.

But yeah def for an upcoming card for sure. Ghost, Ramsay's re-trained hounds, and Nymeria and the pack vs. Army of the Undead Animals next season. Book it.

LuchaBear and chickenluver like this.
  4. BVG

BVG Silver Belt

While I do admit he went a tad over board with the tear down...that's generally what you do to hero's before you build them back up and have them become victorious...

am i the only person here who understands simple story telling 101???

RoryFan and TheWorm like this.
  5. HIMBOB

HIMBOB Steel Belt

ReWatched Se07E01 and noticed the book which Samwel reads about the Dragonglass on Dragonstone has LF/Brans/Aya's dagger pictured on the previous page.

6. wlu.29

wlu.29 Brown Belt

Yes

<{monica}>

ufcfan4 likes this.
  7. VanteMMA

VanteMMA Orange Belt

The consequence of knowing Jon's heritage is that he and Dany WILL NOT STAY TOGETHER!

Dany's all about being queen and knowing that Jon has legitimate claim to the throne before her is going to fuck with her head.

Besides, we don't know what Dany's stance is on the incestual aspect of their relationship.

Jon also hasn't seen how ruthless Dany can be. Once he does, he's going to lose his chubby for her.

On the other hand I also have a feeling Varys might switch to Jon Snow's side after realising that he is far more stable compared to Dany's bend or burn policy (much like her father).

Hogey and CEROVFC like this.
  8. RoryFan

RoryFan Wears Hats

Apparently there was a Ghost scene filmed this season but it was left on the editing room floor.

9. Thread

Thread Im Da Best Mayne

Yes it was there

CEROVFC likes this.
  10. KojiW

KojiW Purple Belt

Dany spent her entire life growing up assuming she was going to Marry her brother before being sold to Drogo. He was fondling her breast in the first episode of the series and she was looking at him longingly. Incest is desensitized in the Targaryen family. If anything, she will see him as the perfect match. A chance to both marry the person she should to ensure succession AND follow her heart. He is the perfect foil to her dark side. The guy with no political motivations aside from honor and keeping innocents safe.

Quite frankly, she heeded his counsel when she planned on flying to and burning down the red keep when she was being hardheaded and ignoring her other Councillors. A simple speech from Jon was enough for her to look away embarrassed that she was thinking of burning parts of a city with non military innocent targets. Instead she flew against Jaime's army returning from the reach

If anyone is going to have an "OMG ewww" moment about this, it is Jon.

Ikuza, VanteMMA and Gregolian like this.
  11. lfd0311

lfd0311 Gold Belt

"Kill everyone" is storytelling 101?

12. Renard

Renard Brown Belt

I wonder if the narrative purpose of Tormund being interested in Brienne is to create a love rival for Jaime and prompt him into making a move. At least, we can hope.

RoryFan likes this.
  13. spamking

spamking Proud Okie/Type 01 FFL Dealer

Wow . . . some "interesting" discussion in here since my last visit . . .

CEROVFC likes this.
  14. BVG

BVG Silver Belt

It was a tad overboard but it wasn't "everyone" made evident by the fact that we still have characters to follow on the show, and most of them have been around science the first episode.

15. Gregolian

Gregolian All the Chicken

Everyone thinks Jaime is into her and I just don't see it. I see him respecting her and kind of envying the fact that she tries her best to keep her oaths to people no matter how much she could have said fuck it (with like Cat dying she still forcefully wants to uphold that one).

SmilinDesperado, Shael and TheWorm like this.
  16. Legumes

Legumes Shoe String Belt

The assassin says to Cat "you're not supposed to be here." The fire he set as a distraction was supposed to lure everyone away from Bran.

Anung Un Rama likes this.
  17. wlu.29

wlu.29 Brown Belt

random thought; what are the odds martin has already finished his book and just withholding it from everyone?

18. AGGAMEMNON66

AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

It hasn't been revealed to the other main characters yet. It's going to impact the shit out of the story.

I hope for your sake this is all just a troll job. You're having a very hard time seeing the forest thru the trees here.

LuchaBear likes this.
  19. TheWorm

TheWorm Black Belt

If Jamie wasn't such a gentleman he'd make the same face when Brienne looks at him as Brienne makes when Tormund looks at her.

[​IMG]

ISIS in blackface likes this.
  20. BVG

BVG Silver Belt

Feel free to bump the shit out of my posts if I'm wrong.

I'm not skurred.