Game of Thrones S07E07 Discussion Thread: FinallyJumpedTheDragon (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Lethal, Aug 27, 2017.

1. gmr7494

gmr7494 Red Belt

So in short, dude is gonna die before he finishes the series off

Gregolian and TheWorm like this.
  2. Gregolian

Gregolian All the Chicken

lol, my folks through one season and 2 episodes of season 2:

"I hope Cersei gets drawn and quartered and Joffrey has his head ripped off. The Hound and Bronn are cool"

3. moreorless87

moreorless87 Gold Belt

To be honest though think your talking different levels of writing there, I mean Martins books are complex and detailed but I don't think they come close to the intelligence and quality of prose of Herbert's Dune series which the sequels and spinoffs were never anything close to.

I'm guessing the basic premise of some kind of AI being a threat might have been left behind by Herbert as it is vaguely mentioned earlier in the series with humanity potentially being wiped out by "Ixian claws"(which I assume were potential future Ixian AI machines) but all of the detail to it seemed nonsense to me. Everything the earlier books mentioned about the Butlerian Jihad painted it as a social conflict against society using computers rather than overthrowing some AI overlord, it mentioned "the machine god" but I think that inference was clearly ment to be worship of tech not an actual godlike AI.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    TheWorm likes this.
  4. moreorless87

moreorless87 Gold Belt

Actually wouldn't be supprised if we saw something like that(if less extreme) to make up the nudity quota for next season, generally the other actresses seem less keen as there fame grows but Carice van Houten never seemed to need much persuading to disrobe. Of course there is the potential for them to take off the necklaces.....

5. MikeMcMann

MikeMcMann Brown Belt

Battle of the Hands!

OK so you get to choose one Hand (extend it to all advisors) to advise you and be by your side. You are in the position of Renly Baratheon having not the strongest claim to the throne but are arguably the most liked and you believe you would be best for the job and the people (this is not about Renly or his claim so lets not argue that).

This person will be your must trusted advisor and a key to all the decisions you make as you put together the rest of your team and your plans.

So who do you choose:

- Ned Stark, hand to King Robert
    - Jamie Lannister, Military advisor to Queen Cersei
    - Qyborn, Hand to Queen Cersei
    - Tyrion Lannister, Hand to King Joffrey, Hand to Queen Dany
    - Tywin Lannister, Hand to Mad King, King Joffrey and King Tommen
    - Bron, Advisor to Tyrion and Jamie
    - Vary's, advisor to King Robert, King Joffrey and others
    - Davos, advisor to Stannis and Jon Snow, King in the North
    - Jorah, advisor to Queen Dany
    - Little Finger, advisor to King Robert
    -?

Who am I missing and who would you choose?

Also you cannot control this person, their loyalty is their own as per show cannon. Everything they have expressed so far though shows them to be intensely loyal to you and a friend.

So if you pick someone like Little Finger and you may get someone very ambitious and cunning but also who might have his own agenda.
    (Edits thanks to @TheWorm)

6. MikeMcMann

MikeMcMann Brown Belt

At the pace he is writing and with his health issues it is almost a certainty he will not finish the books.

And in a way that might be the plan because trying to tie up all these story lines in a way that pleases the readers might be more difficult then leaving them unfinished and letting people assume you had planned some epic conclusion that everyone would have loved.

ralphc1 likes this.
  7. TheWorm

TheWorm Black Belt

You've got a few of your hands mixed up. Tywin was hand to the Mad King, not Jamie. Jamie was Kingsguard. Tywin also went on to be Hand to Joffrey and Tommen. But he was never Hand to Robert. That was Jon Aryn and then Ned.

8. BJ@LW&WW

BJ@LW&WW Gold Belt

youre good people

9. Gregolian

Gotta be honest though, watching it WITH my folks is KINDA awkward with all the rampant sex in the first two seasons.

And the only reason I'm stuck watching with them is that there is NO WAY they could follow who is who in those early seasons.

Christ, my mom still gets Theon and Robb mixed up and Theon's told Robb to fuck off already.

BJ@LW&WW and method115 like this.
  10. BJ@LW&WW

BJ@LW&WW Gold Belt

ill admit for the first 3 seasons or so it was tough keepin track of all the characters.

just wait till the mountain changes faces and darrio changes faces for the 10th time :D

how old are you btw? it definitely would be weird watchin that stuff with parents as a teen. i imagine if i watched it with them now it wouldnt be so terrible

11. CEROVFC

CEROVFC --------------------------------------------------

guess better than watching Cersei and Jaime with your sister.

ISIS in blackface and BJ@LW&WW like this.
  12. Gregolian

28, 29 in a month or so so it's not super awkward except for the fact my mom is super conservative Japanese.

lol, true.

ISIS in blackface and BJ@LW&WW like this.
  13. ralphc1

ralphc1 Gold Belt

I decided long ago not to start any book series until they are finished. I'm old enough to have seen the film serials that were made to keep people going to theaters. At least they were done in one year and usually in 12 episodes but each one had a cliffhanger ending.

ISIS in blackface likes this.
  14. ralphc1

ralphc1 Gold Belt

If his conclusions to story lines are like the Hodor conclusion, it might be better to leave them to the imagination. Bran is inside the base of a tree when the wights attack but they don't surround the tree. They can't track a sled being pulled through the snow?

15. Gregolian

I still feel like the Wights are mindless hive mind type creatures that don't think for themselves.

Like, after Jon falls in none of them notice him pop out except for the one and as soon as the one sees him they all turn to look. Feel like shit like that is a specific thing from GRRM.

Also, STILL want to know why that one WW let Sam live at the Fist.