1. Fresh off her huge victory at UFC Fight Night 105, Randa Markos returns to Sherdog for her second LIVE Q&A, FRIDAY at 3:00 PM EST. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

History of US Navy Sailors fighting on land | Page 2

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MadSquabbles500, Feb 21, 2017.

1. jefferz Silver Belt

jefferz
    Here's a website that might give you a little bit of info. It will tell you the date of when the heroic act was done. It doesn't tell you what for, but it might be a piece of the puzzle.
    https://www.thepurpleheart.com/roll-of-honor/
    Someone on here might be able to push you in the right direction to find out the info you're looking for. There's a sticky at the top of the War Room for former and active service members, I'd ask there. I'm making an assumption here, but I bet the local American Legion would be able to help you out as well.

Hans Gercmiov likes this.
  2. Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

Hans Gercmiov
    That's awesome. I'm going to check that out now. I know my dad's brother also received at least one Purple Heart. He was a SEAL in Vietnam. He's a legit crazy ****er. I don't know if hes even still alive.

3. Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

Hans Gercmiov
    Another thing. I have a relative that was killed in Pearl Harbor. His name was Joaquin Cortez. I've searched and searched but i can never find shit about him.

4. jefferz Silver Belt

jefferz
    Here's a link to find an American Legion near you
    http://www.members.legion.org/CGI-B...tn=wr_dsplcr+ml=LANSA:XHTML+part=TAL+lang=ENG

I think one of the resources someone provides you should be able to push you in the right direction to find out they things you're looking.

Hans Gercmiov likes this.
  5. Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

Hans Gercmiov
    Thanks. I know where the American Legion here is already. It's on... wait for it... American Legion St. I always thought it was just like a bar for old vets or some shit though.

6. jefferz Silver Belt

jefferz
    Legions do a lot more than just have a bar. They do a lot of charity work and help vets. My local one raises money by providing the pull tabs, black jack, and bingo at the local bars. They throw benefits for people that have health issues, they provide rides for veterans to the VA hospitals, etc. 100% of the money they raise has to get spent.