INHUMANS on IMAX (Dragonlord's Review) | Page 4

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Aug 31, 2017.

1. raty tat tat Purple Belt

raty tat tat
    Not surprised this is getting terrible reviews. I could just tell from that dogs**t trailer it was going to
    be bad.

2. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    So true. There are whispers that Perlmutter was the one pushing for an Inhumans movie, not Feige.

Also, here are few recent pics of Perlmutter this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Box Office Update:

And the first two episodes of ABC and Marvel Television's Inhumans in 380 Imax theaters is projected to earn $1.4 million for the four days. The comic book adaptation, which premieres in the U.S. next month, is also playing in hundreds of Imax theaters overseas, opening to an estimated $2.6 million globally.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...bodyguard-leads-worst-labor-day-1990s-1034864

4. MaveDeltzer Brown Belt

MaveDeltzer
    Went down to the ole cinema today with a buddy who has also partaken in all the Marvel television products to see Inhumans. Wore my new Black Bolt shirt for the first time. About 15 people ended up being there, which is more than I expected. Similar sized crowd the Bellator PPV.

Pros
    - Lockjaw, particularly him walking down Karnak in the doorway
    - Maximus and NOT Ulysses, Maximus as the man of the people is a fun idea and got help from the only younger actor who did a good job.
    - Black Bolt, Mr Mount did fine job with the Celestial Messiah. They had a pretty bare bones Black Bolt and without his tuning fork he should be.
    - Medusa's amount of side boob on Earth
    - Crystal being a QT with very nice hair
    - The Justice League animated series open for it was really good.

Cons
    - For the project that ole man Ike wanted as his big 'people with powers' series he sure showed his usual frugal nature. You'd think being buddies with Trump he'd toss big money around to make myself look good.
    - The herky jerky cuts for quite a few scenes. I'm wondering if they are adding stuff in for the TV version in a month so it has a smoother pace.
    - Gorgon was just fine, could've gone farther with him being a blowhard and drinker.
    - Things that weren't cuteness from Crystal who mostly just called for Lockjaw and used powers that sure would be confusing if you didn't know beforehand.
    - Karnak being a mix of Warren Ellis version with Amadeus Cho's calculation abilities.
    [​IMG]
    Could've easily explained both he and Crystal abilities at the dinner table before Medusa and Black Bolt arrive like they do in the Paul Jenkins series, I was rereading that in the theater before the start.

Big Chuckle moments
    - Animated Lockjaw in the corner of the title card.
    - Karnak on his way to meet the king and then falling off a cliff 10 seconds of bad editing later
    - Black Bolt in the police station
    - Black Bolt turning his parents to dust, a moment done with much more impact using Medusa in Attilan Rising (where they also took most the ideas for Black Bolt's gear on the show)
    [​IMG]

Welp, back to writing my Inhumans' scripts.

GtehMVP and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.
  5. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    I cringed every time Maximus touched the peasants on their arms or shoulder. It reminds me of Cottonmouth and his chuckling/laughing at every scene. It's like they can't give this characters something to do and end up just repeating the same moves over and over again.

6. MaveDeltzer Brown Belt

MaveDeltzer
    I thought that was building to the 2nd vision, he'd keep touching his shoulder and the kid would grab his hand to move it away and trigger another vision.

7. Jesus X Silver Belt

Jesus X
    sad to hear that ABC should have put more effort into making this good network tv is getting lazier, the only two shows I can eatch in network tv now are agents of shield and the 100

8. GtehMVP Purple Belt

GtehMVP
    I'm watching this now, as I've burned through every Marvel offering I haven't seen the last month or so.

This show is Iron Fist all over again. How do they greenlight something without giving it enough time? Even if they have to have a cheaper budget, at least give them time to make something decent of it. There's a lot of potential here, but you can tell it's all rushed. They cast far too many bad actors/actresses too. Hopefully it gets a soft reboot, or a chance to redeem itself.