MNN (Trailer for Shark Thriller 47 Meters Down; Joe Johnston to Direct Narnia: The Silver Chair) | Page 31

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Simon Kinberg in Talks to Write and Direct X-MEN: SUPERNOVA

[​IMG]

The next X-Men movie – supposedly titled X-Men: Supernova - might start filming this June and would focus on the Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix storyline, which is a comics arc that fans have been dying to see since Bryan Singer teased it at the end of X2. It basically involves Jean Grey succumbing to her powers and transforming into Dark Phoenix, a malevolent force that brings about Grey’s downfall.

Sophie Turner, who was introduced as the young Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse, was on a red carpet when she revealed she was “about to start shooting the next X-Men movie,” but with both New Mutants and this Supernova film rumored to be in development, it was unclear what film she was talking about.

After talking to multiple sources, Collider reports that writer/producer Simon Kinberg is looking to make his directorial debut with the next X-Men movie and he’s already written the screenplay. From what the site hear,s it does focus on the Dark Phoenix storyline and it’s now up to the studio if they’ll use his script and if he’ll get to direct it.

If for some reason you’re not familiar with Simon Kinberg and his relationship to the X-Men franchise, he’s essentially the Kevin Feige of the X-Men universe at 20th Century Fox. If you look over his IMDb resume, you’ll see he’s either written, produced, or been heavily involved with X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool, Logan, Legion, and New Mutants.

Exclusive: Simon Kinberg in Talks to Write and Direct the Next ‘X-Men’ Movie

2. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Kyle Chandler to Star in GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS

[​IMG]

Bloodline star Kyle Chandler has joined the Legendary and Warner Bros.' Godzilla sequel.

Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown also is attached to Godzilla: King of the Monsters, which is part of the Legendary and Warner Bros. cinematic universe. It is slated for release on March 22, 2019.

Michael Dougherty is directing from a script by Dougherty and Zach Shields.

Plot details are being kept locked on a South Pacific island but Chandler will play a scientist and father of Brown's character. The role makes him ostensibly the hero of the movie.

Chandler, who won an Emmy award and received multiple nominations for his role as Coach Eric Taylor on Friday Night Lights, currently stars in Netflix’s Bloodline. He was most recently seen in Manchester By the Sea with Casey Affleck.

Chandler was fielding multiple offers for feature gigs but opted for the Godzilla sequel, nabbing a seven figure deal in the process, according to sources.

'Friday Night Lights' Star Kyle Chandler Joins 'Godzilla: King of Monsters'

3. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Dan Mazeau to Write VAN HELSING for Universal's Classic Monsters Universe

[​IMG]

Universal has hired Wrath of the Titans scribe Dan Mazeau to write the Van Helsing reboot that is part of the studio’s classic monsters universe, the Tracking Board has exclusively learned.

As the architects of the universe, Alex Kurtzman and Chris Morgan will produce the film, though plot details remain under wraps somewhere in Transylvania.

Mazeau was part of Universal’s writers room for the monsters universe, which also included Noah Hawley (Legion), Aaron Guzikowski (Prisoners) and Ed Solomon (Men in Black). His hiring isn’t exactly recent, as Van Helsing has been Mazeau’s baby since as far back as September, but his involvement had never been reported until now.

Oscar nominee Eric Heisserer (Arrival) and Jon Spaihts (Doctor Strange) previously worked on Van Helsing. Spaihts also co-wrote The Mummy, the Tom Cruise movie that kicks off the new monsters universe this summer.

The character of Van Helsing first appeared in Bram Stoker’s Dracula as a vampire hunter, though he also chased Frankenstein and the Wolf Man in the 2004 movie starring Hugh Jackman. The Invisible Man, the Bride of Frankenstein and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde are also rumored to play parts in Universal’s monsters universe.

Guzikowski is currently running point on The Wolf Man, while David Koepp has been tasked with writing a present-day Bride of Frankenstein, though Kurtzman, Hawley and Jenny Lumet worked on earlier drafts. Angelina Jolie has been courted to direct the latter film, which like The Mummy, will be set in present-day.

Besides Wrath of the Titans, Mazeau has written Lunar Park for producers Tom Cruise, Doug Liman and Simon Kinberg, and rewrote the spy movie Section 6 for Universal. He also adapted the sci-fi novel Yukikaze for Warner Bros. and wrote a draft of the action-thriller World’s Most Wanted for Fast & Furious producer Neal Moritz.

Dan Mazeau to Write 'Van Helsing' Movie for Universal's Classic Monsters Universe (Exclusive)

Marfa, Myrddin Wild and One MMA Fan like this.
  4. Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

Anung Un Rama
    Is this supposed to be cool monster movie stuff or shit like the that Aaron Eckhardt Frankenstein/ Jackman Van Helsing/ Hansel & Gretal/ Underworld bullshit?

5. House by the Cemetery Bass Boy

House by the Cemetery
    The first one is still very scary/creepy.

the whole atmosphere. Darryl and his sister are just driving on back roads, when Darryl finds Creeper's layer, when Creeper invades the old cat ladies home.

Hell, even when the cops show up to help you feel there is still no hope for them...absolutely terrifying.

6. One MMA Fan #1

One MMA Fan
    Eh I don't know not the best choice from the the past work that I recognized.. (the Van Helsing choice).

I hope they make it good, I'm a fan of that world / monsters / universe.. I need me the Wolf Man to be epic and same for Van Helsing.

Myrddin Wild likes this.
  7. One MMA Fan #1

One MMA Fan
    [​IMG]

I had fun with Jackman Van and the Underworld 'bullshit'.. I'm a sucker for those werewolf movies.. my guilty pleasures. :*(

[​IMG]

Myrddin Wild and Anung Un Rama like this.
  8. Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

Anung Un Rama
    I shouldn't have included Underworld. I actually liked the first dozen and its not nearly as over the top as the others. I was wrong.

Myrddin Wild and One MMA Fan like this.
  9. One MMA Fan #1

One MMA Fan
    [​IMG]

10. Myrddin Wild Lets enjoy our time together!

Myrddin Wild
    I loved the 1st Van Helsing. It threw me off a bit at first with all the different monsters together in one movie... but I quickly overcame that & really enjoyed it. I've seen it about 10 timez or so & I love it.

Looking forward to the sequel... but would be disapointed if Hugh jackman wazn't in it.

HI SCOTT NEWMAN likes this.
  11. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom.

GearSolidMetal
    [​IMG]

12. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom.

GearSolidMetal
    Screw Jamie Foxx.

In the new Robin Hood movie, The ONLY black guy that should be allowed to play Little John is...

[​IMG]

13. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL Adds Michelle Rodriguez as Filming Wraps

[​IMG]

Filming has just wrapped on Alita: Battle Angel, yet there’s one more cast member that had been kept secret — until now.

Michelle Rodriguez (Fast and the Furious franchise, Avatar) signed onto the adaptation of Yukito Kishiro’s famed manga, EW has exclusively learned. The film is directed by Robert Rodriguez and written and produced by James Cameron.

She joins the previously announced cast that includes Rosa Salazar, Jennifer Connelly, Jackie Earle Haley, Christoph Waltz, Ed Skrein, Mahershala Ali, and Keean Johnson.

Rodriguez will play Gelda in the film. In the comics, the character was a slim cyborg warrior.

Alita tells the future-set story of a cyborg girl (Salazar) rescued from a junkyard by a scientist (Waltz) who rebuilds her and together they explore her mysterious past.

Even though the Alita has finished shooting, the native-3D movie isn’t expected to hit theaters until July 20, 2018, to give production time to build the film’s extensive visual effects. Alita is live-action yet will also use plenty of CG for its backgrounds, cyber body modifications and, in certain cases, actor’s faces.

'Alita: Battle Angel' Wraps Filming; Michelle Rodriguez Secretly Joined the Cast (Exclusive)

SidJustice, Ikuza and GearSolidMetal like this.
  14. DynamicLoosener Grass Fed Free Range Dolce Belt

DynamicLoosener
    really another Robin Hood movie?

Kevin Costner is the one true Robin Hood

15. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    GAME OF THRONES Star Alfie Allen Joins Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

[​IMG]

Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy on HBO’s Game of Thrones, has joined the cast of Shane Black’s reboot of Predator.

The 20th Century Fox movie began shooting Monday in Vancouver, with Boyd Holbrook (Logan) leading an ensemble that also includes Room star Jacob Tremblay, Sterling K. Brown, Keegan-Michael Key, Trevante Rhodes, Thomas Jane and Olivia Munn.

Black co-wrote the script with Fred Dekker and is directing the movie, titled The Predator.

Allen will play an ex-Marine who teams with several other outsiders, including one played by Holbrook, to stop the human-hunting creatures in a setting that hasn’t yet been seen in a Predator movie: suburbia.

On top of being known for his work on Thrones, Allen also memorably played a Russian gangster who kills the wrong dog in 2014’s John Wick.

'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen Joins Shane Black's 'The Predator' (Exclusive)

16. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Yvonne Strahovski Joins the Cast of Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

[​IMG]

Yvonne Strahovski (mine!), perhaps best known to audiences for starring on NBC’s Chuck for five seasons, is in final negotiations to join the cast of The Predator.

Boyd Holbrook leads an ensemble cast that includes Room breakout Jacob Tremblay, Keegan-Michael Key, Trevante Rhodes, Thomas Jane, Alfie Allen and Olivia Munn.

Strahovski will play the mother to Tremblay, a troubled boy who is accidentally drawn into the conflict with the fierce alien creatures by his father — her ex-husband — played by Holbrook.

Shane Black is directing the movie, which began production Monday in Vancouver. He also co-wrote the script with Fred Dekker.

Strahovski, who has had runs on Dexter and 24: Live Another Day, next co-stars in Hulu’s buzzy Margaret Atwood adaptation of The Handmaid’s Tale with Elisabeth Moss and Joseph Fiennes. She also has two movies in the can: He’s Out There, directed by Dennis Iliadis,and the Marc Forster-helmed drama All I See Is You, the latter starring Blake Lively.

Yvonne Strahovski Joins Shane Black's 'The Predator' (Exclusive)

sideboob and Ikuza like this.
  17. GhostZ06 Gold Belt

GhostZ06

lol no....

Tamriel Terror and Egelo like this.
  18. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Trailer for Netflix's THE DISCOVERY Starring Robert Redford, Rooney Mara

One year after the existence of the afterlife is scientifically verified, millions around the world have ended their own lives in order to “get there”. A man and woman fall in love while coming to terms with their own tragic pasts and the true nature of the afterlife. Coming to Netflix March 31.

Martian 2.0, sideboob, Egelo and 4 others like this.
  19. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Joe Carnahan Reportedly to Write and Direct X-FORCE with Ryan Reynolds Co-Writing

[​IMG]

The still-untitled X-Force movie has found its director and a pair of co-writers.

A source close to the film tells ComicBook.com that Joe Carnahan, known best for his work on The Grey, has been tapped to direct the X-Force movie. Carnahan will also write the film, with Deadpool star and executive producer Ryan Reynolds. The source says work has already begun between the two on the film.

Carnahan's resume extends to The A-Team, The Blacklist, and Smokin' Aces. He is in line to direct the upcoming Bad Boys for Life film with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence returning. Carnahan's also working on his recently announced The Raid remake with Frank Grillo, and he’s scripting Shawn Levy‘s Uncharted movie.

In Marvel Comics, the X-Force is a popular group of mutants which first appeared in New Mutants #100 in April of 1991, conceived by Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld. With Cable as the team's first leader, the X-Force roster often includes characters such as Boom Boom, Copycat, Warpath, Domino, Wolverine, and Psylocke.

Joe Carnahan to Write and Direct 'X-Force' Movie with Ryan Reynolds Co-Writing

20. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    DEADPOOL 2 Lands THE MARTIAN Screenwriter Drew Goddard [Updated]

[​IMG]

Over the past few months, the original Deadpool writers, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, have been hard at work trying to craft the sequel. And while it's not entirely sure how far they got into the script, Collider is reporting Drew Goddard has been added to the writing team.

From what the site is hearing, Ryan Reynolds and Goddard have been bunkered down, working on the script together, trying to cross the finish line and create something everyone is excited to make.

Goddard directed The Cabin the Woods and co-write the script with Joss Whedon. He was the one that brought Daredevil to life on Netflix, wrote The Martian for Ridley Scott, wrote Cloverfield for Matt Reeves, and was lined up to direct a Sinister Six movie at Sony before the studio rebooted the Spider-Man franchise anew.

[Update: Collider has updated their story and is reporting that Reese and Wernick are still extremely involved in the script and project but Goddard has been added as a consultant.]

Exclusive: 'The Martian' Screenwriter Drew Goddard Is Working on the ‘Deadpool 2’ Script

Anung Un Rama likes this.