1. Fresh off her huge victory at UFC Fight Night 105, Randa Markos returns to Sherdog for her second LIVE Q&A, FRIDAY at 3:00 PM EST. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch Official Discussion, v2: ELO Hell (hello darkness my old friend) | Page 49

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by RogerTheAlien, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Naramie Super Bash Brothers

Naramie
    Finally clawed my way out of the sewers of Bronze rank to Gold rank by playing mostly support.

Valuable lesson learned this season, if you're having trouble with your network/computer, play for a few hours to confirm that they're resolved before you queue up for placement matches.

2. The Clinch Schwarzbier Belt.

The Clinch
    Hope there's a hard reset between seasons coming up.

3. GSP4tw Brown Belt

GSP4tw
    This season has to be over sometime soon, right?

4. sportkillergreg Brown Belt

sportkillergreg
    Yes

5. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    Blizzard would never do so. Would indicate a flawed ranking system used across all their game titles.

As i pointed out numerous times this past July: http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/118551003/

6. GIBLERTBAPTISTA Sloppy HW brawl enthusiast

GIBLERTBAPTISTA
    1 day left in the season I think. I was 15sr away from top 500 then went on a losing streak and dropped to 3.8 feelsbadman.

7. Dinotective Synaesthesia Auditiva

Dinotective
    Well, that wraps the season up for me. Got my main account into Diamond again (but fell VERY short of my goal of Master). I've been playing my third account almost exclusively for the last month or so and was having a hard time even getting out of gold, but I finally crossed the threshold on my last run tonight, going 9-1 with Zenyatta exclusively.

8. Arkridge Senior Moderator

Arkridge
    Isn't a new hero supposed to be dropping any day now?

9. Schoolboy Q Black Belt

Schoolboy Q
    No.

10. Arkridge Senior Moderator

Arkridge
    A bunch of gaming sources on twitter/youtube streamers say otherwise though.

11. bdreason Brown Belt

bdreason
    If they're gonna add a new hero, between seasons would be the time to do it. No idea when they added heroes in the past though because I just started in season 3. When were Ana and Sombra added?

12. Schoolboy Q Black Belt

Schoolboy Q
    Did they? All I saw was speculation. A new hero hasn't been announced and even if they did announce one, they would put it through the PTR before it goes live. A new hero dropping anyday is just bullshit, if anything they will announce one.

13. Dinotective Synaesthesia Auditiva

Dinotective
    I believe Ana was released in the middle of season 1 and Sombra at the tail-end of 2.

14. Winter-John Orange Belt

Winter-John
    I looked at my stats for s3. Says I played 21 games, went from 1480-1790. Meh, I could have probably gotten higher if I'd put some effort in.

15. Arkridge Senior Moderator

Arkridge
    Well, they didn't really announce the last couple. Didn't Ana and Sombra launch on PTRs at least the same day they were announced? Blizz already said they learned from the Sombra ARG not to make it this long drawn out process. There are a few things that contribute to the speculation that a new hero is on the way very soon. Kaplan was even on the forums discussing it when everyone thought the character was someone from the lore called "Doomfist"

Kaplan went on the forums saying "Hero 24 is not who you think it is". This was amidst all the Doomfist speculation. Then, Overwatch posts some Numbani lore to their website about some girl named Efi who just won a genius grant at the age of 11. She was asked what she was going to do with the grant money but its a "secret". Its now the speculation that she builds some type of mech that will be the next hero:

This guy Stylosa does good videos and stays on top of the hero speculation. I don't know if you had heard about this either but the Doomfist speculation stemmed from renderings being leaked of the Numbani payload, (which contains the Doomfist Gauntlet) smashed, the gauntlet missing. I believe that's currently in the PTR as we speak.

Either way, I don't think speculation is unwarranted. With everything Blizz has been hinting at, releasing new lore, etc. It seems a new hero is going to be here pretty soon. Whether it goes along with the speculation, probably not. It'll probably be something no one is expecting but I do think Doomfist is in the works. Maybe not as #24, but they wouldn't edit the Numbani payload to the smashed casing with no gauntlet for no reason.

16. GSP4tw Brown Belt

GSP4tw
    I wonder what kind of character Efi is going to be. The write up makes it sound like another builder, so maybe a new support? I was sort of hoping for a new tank, since that's all I get to play in competitive.

17. Arkridge Senior Moderator

Arkridge
    Videos make it seem like it could be some sort of tank mech. I like the idea bloggers are coming up with that its some sort of spider tank. Also, the hero may be here as soon as tuesday, check out this youtube comment that made a lot of sense to me:

18. Schoolboy Q Black Belt

Schoolboy Q
    All I see is speculation... And for the record they did announce Sombra and Ana.

19. Arkridge Senior Moderator

Arkridge
    [​IMG]
    Let me enjoy things

20. GSP4tw Brown Belt

GSP4tw
    So another D'va style tank? I have to wonder if she'll be a tank though, we already have Doomfist(that's still a thing, right?) somewhere down the line. Between season's would be the best time to introduce a new character. Give people the time between to mess around and see what she can do and in what situations she'll be viable.