TV Show Thread (Dark Matter Cancelled; Killjoys Renewed; Kit Harrington's Gunpowder Teaser)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, May 22, 2017.

1. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member

TNT's Shakespeare Drama WILL Cancelled After One Season

[​IMG]

It's one and done for TNT's William Shakespeare drama Will.

The Turner-owned cable network has opted to cancel the series after one low-rated season. The show revolved around Will (Laurie Davidson) as a young poet who arrived onto the punk-rock theater scene in 16th century London. The cabler billed it as a contemporary version of Shakespeare's life that is played to a modern soundtrack.

Will averaged just 697,000 total viewers and a paltry 0.2 in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic. Olivia DeJonge, Colm Meaney, Mattias Inwood, Jamie Campbell Bower and Ewen Bremner co-starred on the project from showrunner Craig Pearce (Romeo + Juliet) and Shekhar Kapur (Elizabeth).

It was a rough road to the screen for Will, which was originally ordered straight to series at the since-defunct Pivot before being picked up to pilot at TNT. The drama launched in July to mixed reviews.

All told, it's been a rough summer for the Bard as ABC also canceled its similarly themed Shondaland-produced period drama Still Star-Crossed after one season.

TNT's 'Will' Canceled After One Season

2. Dragonlordxxxxx

Anybody else watching AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR?

So sad Jesse Labreck to see fail the National Finals. She almost finished the course. If only she didn't waste her energy on the parkour rope. At least her friend Allyssa Beard made it.

The news about Lance Pekus' wife was heartbreaking.

Kacy Catanzaro retiring from American Ninja Warrior and becoming a WWE star was a surprise. Will definitely check her out when she makes her WWE debut.

SidJustice likes this.
  3. alanb

alanb Purple Belt

I just watched the first episode of this seasons American Horror Story.
    It is hilarious. The whole plot is about people so distraught over the Donald's appointment to President that they are driven to terror.
    Its so over the top it is funny. I considered posting a thread about it in the War Room but since this thread is preexisting I am posting it here. i hope that this does not turn into a political discussion. i am more here to point out just how over the top these actors are acting.

4. SidJustice

SidJustice Master of the world and the universe

As a massive pro wrestling fan, I hate that she is coming over. She was terrible in ANW, minus one run. Yet continually pushed down our throats as some great female role model, while other women were actually tearing shit up.

So I guess she could make a good entitled heel. The best gimmicks are closest to the truth,

5. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

I will try to rock it out this week. SPOON!

6. Dragonlordxxxxx

What Kacy did during her historic run was pretty awesome but yeah, she hasn't had much much success for the past few years. The new batch of female Ninja Warriors are much stronger and better for sure. But Kacy was also instrumental in inspiring a lot of these new female superstars to try out ANW. Plus, she's just 5'0", so I'm impressed at the things she has accomplished. So I kinda understand why the show makes a big deal when it comes to her.