1. Fresh off her huge victory at UFC Fight Night 105, Randa Markos returns to Sherdog for her second LIVE Q&A, FRIDAY at 3:00 PM EST. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your thoughts on Joe Rogan and his podcast? | Page 2

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JonesBonesJonny, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Lawblaw Purple Belt

Lawblaw
    He has a podcast?

2. Touch of Death Killashaw!

Touch of Death
    Joe Rogan is the second best thing to happen to the UFC after the great Conor McGregor.

3. SherdogJoe Brown Belt

SherdogJoe
    TS nobody is perfect. You just listed a bunch of bad stuff. There's lots of good stuff that come out of that podcast too. Good information, good advice, good conversation. Some really funny shit. Rogan does exaggerate a lot of stuff I think but overall it's a pretty sweet podcast.

TehJesus and Defeat Unknown like this.
  4. flyingscissorsheelhook Purple Belt

flyingscissorsheelhook
    Sometimes I enjoy his podcast and sometimes not. Usually it depends on the guest. I like Joe, he's alright. I don't have to agree with everything he says to enjoy listening to his podcast.

5. Swing the Axe Green Belt

Swing the Axe
    It's ok. Mostly depends on who the guest is. For example, anytime Bill Burr is on, its a good listen. Conversely, when Eddie Bravo is on, it's shit.
    Joe has been a little weird lately. His podcast with Alex Jones and Eddie Bravo was horrible. Jones was saying some crazy, crazy shit with no basis or sources...but then a few days later he's yelling at Crowder and saying he doesnt have any sources to back up his opinion.

FrankWank likes this.
  6. MysticCam Green Belt

MysticCam
    I don't always train by day, but when I do.....

7. SocialJusticeFighter Conor McGregor is my hero.

SocialJusticeFighter
    I like Joe but I'm not a big fan of his podcasts. Like he always talks shit on feminism which makes no sense. Feminism is an important movement

8. Bull Terrier Brown Belt

Bull Terrier
    I like a some of them.

Rogan can be out there, but if you just accept it he seems like quite a cool, interesting guy in my opinion.

silus_2000 likes this.
  9. Kemeticsoul Purple Belt

Kemeticsoul
    Rougeran is garbage as fuck. Clown.

Btw, Roanwatch is back yall! He's cuckwatch on YouTube.

10. MGS Green Belt

MGS
    I really like Rogan's podcasts, some are better than others, last one with Neil deGrasse Tyson was awesome, but yet again Neil kept cutting Rogan's off during their conversation. So if he does it, he gets cut too so no biggies.

11. Ablis89 Purple Belt

Ablis89
    Watch the one with Jordan Peterson and then try saying the same thing.

12. OriginMMA Brown Belt

OriginMMA
    He's the best

13. AndrewGolota48 Red Belt

AndrewGolota48
    I mostly agree with the TS but the cuck thing is ironic, because conservatives tend to be the ones who worship and adore the strong dominant male "bull" figure that comes in and shits on you for his own personal gain, which is basically what a cuck is.

14. OrigFan255 Brown Belt

OrigFan255
    WAY too F'ing long!

15. MRT Brown Belt

MRT
    You are so far off base, I am hoping that you are simply baiting for a reaction LOL - but I will bite :D

watch his shows with Ronda Patrick, or the most recent one with Neil deGrasse Tyson, to see how he tends neither to talk over his guests nor try to make his opinion stronger than theirs. There are countless other examples. You have cherry-picked the segment that best supports your claim, and one that Rogan publicly apologized for shortly thereafter, btw.

Yes, there is a lot of bro science and uneducated opinion thrown in, which largely correlates with the level of knowledge of his guests on the same topics. His views on certain social issues (currently, gender identity is a good example) are clearly simplistic and ill-informed, at best. Keep in mind that Rogan is an entertainer, not a PhD in everything. If you tune in looking for a highly educated opinion on all things he discusses, then you are going to be very, very disappointed...

He may be anti-Trump, but he is also *very* anti-Clinton, and hardly a liberal "cuck" (and you apparently don't know what that word means, judging by your usage here).

Rogan supports letting adults run their own lives, with as little interference from the state as possible, a stance which includes allowing people to choose whether or not they want to do drugs (since we don't prohibit all sorts of far riskier things/behaviour), and not allowing discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. I don't think he has said that weed is harmless or that it cures cancer...but has referred to research that is investigating how certain compounds in weed may prevent/inhibit/treat cancer.

His best podcasts are when he has people on who know WTF they are talking about and they stick to discussing particular topics, or when people have interesting stories to tell. When he and guys like Schaub, Callen or whoever try to talk about deeper topics about which they have a relatively shallow understanding, it can indeed get rather cringeworthy. I have turned off the podcast on more than one occasion when things get stupid...

adjust your expectations, watch when you find a guest to be interesting, and you will probably enjoy it more.

16. mooner100 Purple Belt

mooner100
  17. FrodoFraggins Black Belt

FrodoFraggins
    I can't stand most of his podcasts.

Kemeticsoul likes this.
  18. Kemeticsoul Purple Belt

Kemeticsoul
    Rogan is obsessed with black hawgs. Certified fact bro. He's mentioned probably 200 times big brute black men. He practically salivates whenever discussing the male genetalia. He's for sure Bi.

The first time he brought up the actual word CUCK on his shitter he laughed and pretended he never heard that word or definition before. Buuuuuuuul shit.

AndrewGolota48 likes this.
  19. Stixx Purple Belt

Stixx
    So it's better to be a conservative squarehead in your opinion? That's fine, but it's still just an opinion.

20. trblesome1 Silver Belt

trblesome1
    That podcast didn't make joe look good but his podcast is usually good